We must never run out of options for the children in our care. The need is simply too great and the cause too important. With your support, there is so much we can do:
- Provide the most advanced treatments grounded in cutting-edge research
- Fund pioneering efforts in complementary medicine that ease the effects and stress of treatment
- Ensure that every child has access to the very best care regardless of her/his family’s financial situation or insurance type
We work closely with our clinicians, researchers and medical staff to ensure that patient families get the most out of every dollar you give. And if there is a specific area you want to support, we will make sure that 100% of your donation goes to that program.
Other ways to contribute
There are many ways you can support Hope & Heroes. We’ve listed some ideas below, but please don’t hesitate to contact us with suggestions or questions. We’d love to hear your thoughts.
For information on the Robert E. Zoellner Fund at Hope & Heroes, Columbia University Medical Center, please click here.
Pick something from our wish list.
If you’re interested in making an in-kind gift for our patients, please contact us for the guidelines.
Make your gift go even further.
- Matching gifts: Forward your company’s matching gift information along with your contribution, and double your impact.
- Monthly giving: Provide a secure, fixed stream of support for Hope & Heroes with a recurring gift on your credit card.
Join us at one of our fun, inspiring events:
- Annual Dinner in late October/early November
- Golf Outing in July/August
- Hope & Heroes Walk every spring (for the whole family!)
- Luncheon in April or May
- Community events of all kinds, from races to bake sales to comedy nights, hosted throughout the year by our amazing donors, volunteers, and advocates
- Silver Linings Society: Join our group for young professionals ages 21-35—have fun, make friends, and help end children’s cancer and blood disorders.
- Workplace giving: Ask your employer or colleagues to donate as a group, choose Hope & Heroes as your company’s holiday charity, or make Hope & Heroes a beneficiary of your company’s foundation giving.
- Local schools and universities: Recommend Hope & Heroes to your local school or alma mater as a beneficiary for their next fundraiser or community service day. You could also start a Hope & Heroes club.
- Corporate sponsorship: Contact us about partnership opportunities for your company, or connect us to business owners interested in supporting a worthy cause.
- Introductions: Personal connections are the most powerful way to build support. Connect Hope & Heroes to foundations, corporations, wealth managers, and people of influence.
Build a legacy.
- Bequests and special gifts: Contact us about how you can prepare an estate plan that helps ensure that Hope & Heroes’ vital services for children continue into the future.
- Naming opportunities: Reach out to discuss opportunities for naming professorships, fellowships, and research and clinical facilities at Columbia University Medical Center.
- Event: Host your own event and invite friends and family to join you in support for Hope & Heroes.
- Personal fundraising: Use a birthday, wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, memorial, or other life event to fight children’s cancer and blood disorders.
- Stock gifts: Make a difference for children with cancer and blood disorders while reducing or eliminating capital gains tax. We can help you work through the details.
- In-kind gifts: Talk to us about providing auction or gift items for one of our fundraisers, or providing our patients with items to make their days in the hospital easier.
- Wedding gifts: Instead of giving your guests a traditional wedding favor, make a donation to Hope & Heroes in honor of the people who are sharing your special day.
- Internships: Let us know if your company can offer an internship to a pediatric cancer survivor.
Learn more by getting in touch with us at email@example.com or 212.305.1420.