The very best for every child
Funding from Hope & Heroes ensures that every child has access to the newest and most advanced treatments available in the United States, including:
- The latest chemotherapy and radiation oncology regimens
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplant treatments
- Personalized medicine tailored specifically for each patient
Almost half of our patient families demonstrate financial need. Hope & Heroes ensures that every child we treat receives the highest caliber of care—regardless of families’ ability to pay.
Kids first, patients second
We provide our young patients with comprehensive treatment that gives them the best chance to overcome their disease while still allowing them to experience as much of their childhoods as possible. Thanks to our generous supporters, we’re able to offer these programs to families free of charge. Our offerings include:
- Support for the whole family. A child’s diagnosis affects the whole family. The Valerie Fund Psycho-Social & Palliative Care Program provides counseling and offers support services that help families effectively manage their lives during a very stressful time.
- Complementary medicine. We fund the Integrative Therapies Program, which offers acupuncture, aromatherapy, Reiki, meditation, yoga and other approaches to ease the side effects and stress of treatment.
- Preparing patients for life after treatment. Our Survivor Wellness Program supports our patients in making post-treatment medical decisions, healthy lifestyle changes, and confronting side-effects and long-term quality of life issues.
An expert team
Our medical experts work in five specialties, incorporating both research and care:
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Brain tumors
- Stem cell transplantation