Each year on GivingTuesday, nonprofits worldwide rally their supporters for a single day of maximum impact. GivingTuesday encourages people to support what matters most to them and share that support with friends, family, their communities, and the world.
For us, what matters most is a world without childhood cancer and blood disorders. Did you know that in the United States, over 15,000 children are diagnosed with cancer annually? Sadly, one in four will not survive.
Furthermore, only 4% of national funding for cancer research is designated for childhood cancers. With most funding spent on adult cancers, a considerable funding gap exists for pediatric cancer research. That’s where we come in.
Hope & Heroes provides critical funding for the Division of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology & Stem Cell Transplantation at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. Our work supports cutting-edge research, comprehensive treatments, and supportive programs for children with cancer and blood disorders. Our goal is to ensure that every child that walks through our doors gets the best treatment experience possible—regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
But we can’t do this work alone! Here’s how YOU can join us and help support the cause:
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser on GivingTuesday
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram & share our posts
- Show your support of Hope & Heroes on social media using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #HopeandHeroes
- Visit our website for more ideas and ways you can get involved
- Make a donation to Hope & Heroes